Saturday, May 14, 2005

Friends Forever...

I had written this poem for a particular friend of mine when our friendship was going through turbulence. This poem has been a catalyst in bringing us closer together so that we remain..... Friends Forever!!!


Friends Forever...

I’ll do anything for you,
Anything you want me to,
That grin, that smile,
That laughter that goes a mile,
All I want is for you to be happy,
For us to be together…………
“Friends Forever”

I want to hold your hand,
Stand looking at the ocean feet deep in sand,
Talking about nothing at all,
As long as we are together……………
“Friends Forever”

I want you by my side,
All my life I want your helping hand,
Your calming voice, your soothing touch,
All my life I want us to be together……………
“Friends Forever”

I will never let go of you,
Even if I have to leave everything for you,
I will leave no stone unturned,
To help you stand in trying times,
I will not mind all that I have to lose,
To gain a friend like you,
As long as all my life, we are together………………
“Friends Forever”

My dear, I will always have you close to my heart,
I will always need you, want you,
To wipe the tear off my cheek, to make me smile,
To bring joy and happiness to my life,
Because without you I am incomplete,
I am what I am when we are together…………………
“Friends Forever”

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey nice one...reminds me of my once best friend with whom i had too many differences...

Aditya Bidikar said...

This is a lovely poem. I absolutely loved the last stanza. It does say a lot about friendship. And about love - the two relationships are very similar.

Cartographer said...

Ya seriously a great peom..I think each one can associate this poem with some instance of his or her life

Cartographer said...

Have added a link on my blog

Anonymous said...

lol... i rmbr the times (not so long back) when i too would churn out sentimental stuff like tht.. not quite sure why i stopped.. btw wht sort of friendship are you referring to? purely platonic?

Aditya Bidikar said...

I used to write a lot of sentimental stuff as well. If you want to read some of it, it's Here.

$upergirl said...

hey....brilliant poem !! good work..:):)

Luckykid said...

good one.....
reminds me of a friend who used to write a lot of poems... and we always made fun of her
anyways keep up the good work!!
ciao

Philip Carey said...

it's not about just a friend, it's about a lover or a life partner I must admit...